Booking & Payment
Bookings can be made online, via phone or email. Bookings are confirmed once acknowledged by Whistler Eco Tours (WET) and email confirmation has been sent. All tours are tentative until minimum numbers are met.
WET reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary or cancel tours at any time prior to departure due to insufficient bookings or if something beyond the control of WET deems it necessary; including natural disasters, weather or other external events. If your tour is cancelled by WET, you will be issued a full refund.
WET attempts to keep content of this site accurate, however does not warrant that information is always complete, current, or error-free. All published rates are subject to change without notice. Rates are confirmed once reservation has been acknowledged. All prices are billed in local currency CAD dollars. 5% GST will be added to all prices. 7% PST will be added when applicable.
Full payment is required at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. We accept the following credit cards for online bookings: Visa, Mastercard, American Express. Cash and debit payments are available at our Whistler village office location and at Wayside Park during opening hours.
Gratuities are NOT included in your booking unless specifically stated as a line item on your invoice / confirmation. In Canada a tip of 15% is customary. Please do consider tipping your guide 20% for excellent service!
Cancellation and No Show
At Whistler Eco Tours (WET) we are aware that travel plans change and it is not always in your own power. As a small family-owned business we pride ourselves to be customer oriented and do our best to be flexible with changes. We do not charge any cancellation or service fee for any changes or cancellations made greater than 48 hours in advance of the scheduled tour.
Cancellations made within 48 hours of the tour are subject to a 100% charge. We try our best to reschedule your tour at no or little extra charge, but cannot guarantee that we are able to accommodate your requests.
No refund will be provided for a “no show”.
Group Booking Policy
A group is considered to be eight persons or more. Once a group reservation is made and confirmed a 50% deposit is required to secure the booking.
Final numbers must be confirmed within 14 days of the tour departure. Any changes within these 14 days are charged the full price of the tour.
A 10% fee is charged for bookings cancelled prior to the 14 days.
The Client will be billed for the number of guests confirmed 14 days prior to departure, or any increase in guest number thereafter, less the deposit received. Payment is due the day of the tour departure date, and is subject to late payment penalties (interest charges of 2% per month on overdue accounts). Payment for deposits and final billing can be made by cheque, email transfer or by credit card which will incur a 3% fee.
All group bookings will be charged a gratuity calculated at $40 per guide. 5% GST will be added to all prices, 7% PST will be added when applicable.
Tours will run only when conditions are safe. If we deem the conditions to be unsafe we will either change the tour or the equipment used in the tour or postpone the tour or if we must, cancel the tour. This policy will be used at Whistler Eco Tours’s (WET’S) discretion.
Important Booking Information
- Age & Weight Restrictions: Most of our tours are an all-ages activity. Children under 12 receive 30% off adult rates. Children under the age of 3 are free of charge. Participants must be 16 years or older to ride our E-Bikes. No specific age limits for water activities, however our smallest life jackets are fit for 30lbs and the maximum capacity is 1200lbs per canoe.
- Health: Adventure sport activities are not recommended for individuals who suffer back or neck pain, heart or respiratory distress. Consult your physician prior to participation, and contact our reservation agents if you have any questions or concerns. Due to new Covid-19 measures guests will not be allowed to participate in the activity if they have had any symptoms compatible with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have been exposed to anyone with symptoms.
- Bike Helmets: Wearing a helmet is the law in British Columbia and you could be fined for not wearing one. Helmets are included in all our rentals and tours.
- Drugs & Alcohol: Under no circumstances is any person suspected to be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol permitted to go as a passenger on any tour. Persons denied participation will not receive a refund.
- Min & Max Participants: A minimum of 2 people is required to confirm the tour. Our guest to guide ratio is maximum 8 guests per guide.
- Release of Liability: It is mandatory for all tour participants to sign a legal release of liability waiver prior to participating in any activity. Guests who are 19 years and older sign their own waiver. Participants under the age of 19 must have a waiver completed by their legal parent or guardian. The waivers are legal documents and can therefore not be interpreted by anyone in the company. Signing it does mean you have read and understand the waiver. Waivers can be completed online during the booking process, or on-site prior to the activity.
Downloads of our waivers are available here.
Whistler Eco Tours (WET) is dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we are using technology with the most powerful and secure online experience possible.
In order to complete your booking or provide you with the information that you request, it will be necessary to ask for certain personal information such as your name and address, telephone number or email address.
Whistler Eco Tours (WET) uses your private information for booking transfers and tours with WET or any of our third party suppliers. WET will also require a credit card to make a reservation online. WET does not share your private information with other organisations.
We will only call you in regards to follow-up on a past service or with regards to an upcoming service you have booked with us.
We may also use your information to send you emails with news, deals and promos. If you do not wish to receive newsletters from us feel free to contact us at any time to have your email address removed from our mailing list or simply unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
If you have any questions on our terms & conditions set out above, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update November 2020.