Whistler Eco Tours has been bringing people back to nature since 2001. In these uncertain times due to the COVID-19 pandemic we want to make sure that you can enjoy outdoor activities and discover the beauty of Whistler’s surrounding mountains, forests, rivers and lakes in a safe and responsible manner.
Your safety and the safety of our employees and community is our first priority. With this in mind, we are following the guidance of Canada’s Health Authorities and Work Safe BC and are taking precautions to limit potential viral spread.
Here is a summary of the preventive measures we have implemented:
BOAT & BIKE RENTALS
- We are limiting the number of customers inside our store in the Delta Hotel as well as inside the facilities at Wayside Park.
- Signs and tape markings are in place at both locations to manage physical distancing between customers.
- We have installed a Plexiglas shield at our front desks at the Delta Hotel and at Wayside Park.
- To reduce wait time and minimize front desk interaction we encourage clients to pre-book and pre-pay for rentals or tours online as well as to sign the waiver online.
- We have set up tablet stations at the Delta Hotel and at Wayside Park to book rentals and sign the waiver electronically.
- We ask customers to use card payment or pay online via our website to avoid cash handling.
- We clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces several times per day.
- All rental equipment such as life jackets, paddles, bikes, helmets, locks etc. gets disinfected after each use.
- Hand sanitizer and latex gloves are available for customers.
- Our staff wear personal protective equipment when in close contact with customers and handing out equipment.
- Groups are limited to 8 people per guide.
- The meeting point will preferably be outside at the starting point of the activity. We encourage guests to drive their own vehicle and/or to book a tour that does not require a vehicle shuttle.
- If vehicle shuttles are necessary,we limit the number of guests per vehicle and
- keep the front seat next to the driver unoccupied and seat guests from different households in different rows, where possible keeping one row free in-between.
- ask guests to use hand sanitizer before entering the vehicle and to wear face masks while together in the shuttle vehicle. Hand sanitizer and face masks are available for customers.
- Instruction by the guide is conducted outside and with physical distancing of at least 2 metres. Guides wear personal protective equipment if they are within 2 metres of guests.
- Participants should not engage in physical contact and maintain physical distance of at least 2 metres from others, where possible, unless they are from the same household.
- People from different households are not permitted to share boats or swap equipment such as bikes, helmets, PFDs, paddles etc.
- All equipment gets disinfected after each use.
- Guides will carry with them a first aid kit and additional face masks and latex gloves as well as alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Participants are asked to inform Whistler Eco Tours if they develop Covid-19 symptoms or are tested and confirmed positive within 2 weeks following the tour so that other participants can be informed.
Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you this summer!